Our March 2018 update nudges the server up from 6.0.9319.510 to 6.0.9319.516 and updates 7 components on my Standard Edition Front-End.
It doesn’t seem to be officially called CU7, but so far Martin and I are going with that. I’ll update the post if I’m advised to the contrary. CU6 HF2 it is, thanks Tim!
According to the kb, “This update enables Location-Based Routing to support the Skype for Business mobile clients”, but the last one said that too.
It also fixes the following issues:
- Kb4036626 Missing ApplicationOptions attribute in user object created by New-CsHybridApplicationEndpoint cmdlet in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078589 High memory usage on RtcHost.exe when you deploy Shared Line Appearance in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078588 Can’t sign in Skype for Business mobile apps after applying Skype for Business Server 2015 CU6
- Kb4078590 Calls to Mac fail when enhanced presence privacy mode is enabled in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078592 Push Notification not working for Skype for Business for iOS in Skype for Business Server 201
- Kb4078587 Voice settings are intermittently reset in Skype for Business on iOS and Android
We have a pre-req! (OK, to be true this one was introduced with CU6 in December, but I thought I’d mention it here again in case you skipped that one).
Here’s the “before” view of it going on to my Lab’s Standard Edition Front-End:
This popped at the end of the installation:
An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in w3wp.exe .
This prompted me to install it on 2 more SE FE’s, an Edge and my Applications server, but the error failed to recur. Was that a fluke, or perhaps just something triggered by my woefully underpowered FE? I guess time will tell. Please add comments if you encounter this, and I’ll update the post if I see it in the real world.
The installer didn’t prompt me to reboot, but I always like to give it one for good measure!
25th March 2018: This is the initial release.