This January update (Kb3114502) takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4779.1001 to 15.0.4787.1001.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb3128747 Video is missing in a Skype for Business 2015 meeting recording after the December 2015 security update 3114351 is installed
- Kb3121276 Title bar displays “Lync” after you install the November 2015 update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business 2015)
- Kb3132307 Event ID 1000 is logged and Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) client crashes when you reconnect a remote session
- Kb3132305 “An unknown participant is now joining” message is displayed in a transferred call in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3132304 The Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) user interface of a call monitor flashes constantly
- Kb3114687 “The address type is not valid” error when you sign in to Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) by using domain\username format
What’s New / Changed
- Kb3051158 “Help isn’t working” error occurs when you open the “Skype for Business Help” window in Skype for Business
- Kb3051160 Cannot join meetings by using Lync 2010 after you install OneDrive for Business
- Kb3053998 Memory leak occurs when you transfer a file that is larger than 5 megabytes (MB) in a conversation in Skype for Business
A few people have found their recent updates haven’t delivered as expected. Don’t forget *all* of the pre-req’s. The Office 2013 SP1 requirement still applies if you’re using Outlook 2010. (Lync 2013 in all of its flavours – e.g. Lync Basic – is still a component of Office 2013).
|Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430)||1.0||18 February 2014|
|Update for Office 2013 (KB3054853) (NOTE 1 BELOW)||1.0||9 June 2015|
|LyncHelpLoc (Kb3039776)||1.0||1 December 2015|
|Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (KB2817427)||1.0||13 February 2014|
This is the client fix itself:
I have all the pre-req’s already installed, so a reboot was not required. I was however running Outlook 2013 at the time and I was prompted to exit it, to which I duly complied.
Before / After
|SfB 15.0.4779.1001 MSO 15.0.4779.1000||SfB 15.0.4787.1001 MSO 15.0.4779.1000|
17th January 2016: This is the initial post