This week’s security update takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4771.1001 to 15.0.4779.1001.
Kb3114351 "MS15-128: Description of the security update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business): December 8, 2015
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype for Business. The vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a webpage that contains specially crafted embedded fonts.
To learn more about the vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-128.
For a complete list of affected software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104503".
This security update fixes the following non-security-related issues:
- When you are in a public switched telephone network (PSTN) call, and you open a Conversation Window Extension (CWE), the call option controls are covered by the CWE without any way to access the controls without closing the CWE.
- Lync client doesn’t show all the fonts if the computer has more than 1,000 fonts.
- Kb3114328 "You need to install the April 14, 2015 update" error message is displayed when you start Lync 2013
- Kb3112863 Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) sends corporate error reporting (CER) data after every PC-to-PC and conference call
- Kb3112864 Media setup may fail and all media diagnostics information is missing in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3114326 A hyperlink that is copied from Internet Explorer can’t be pasted into Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3114325 Response Group Service group member notification is displayed frequently in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3112796 Adds a new GPO to control which proxy setting is used when both PAC and manual proxy are used in Skype for Business
- Kb3101548 Attendees can’t see the shared desktop when they join an online meeting as anonymous users in Lync 2013
What’s New / Changed
This security update contains the following improvements:
- Adds Cloud-based Discovery
- Uses SSO to autodetect SIP address and start sign in
I’ve highlighted the one new/updated pre-req here – the new version of “lynchelploc”.
A few people have found their recent updates haven’t delivered as expected. Don’t forget *all* of the pre-req’s. The Office 2013 SP1 requirement still applies if you’re using Outlook 2010. (Lync 2013 in all of its flavours – e.g. Lync Basic – is still a component of Office 2013).
|Update for Office 2013 (KB3054853) (NOTE 1 BELOW)||1.0||9 June 2015|
|LyncHelpLoc (Kb3039776)||1.0||1 December 2015|
|Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (KB2817427)||1.0||13 February 2014|
This is the client fix itself:
I have all the pre-req’s already installed, so a reboot was not required. I was however running Outlook 2013 at the time and I was prompted to exit it, to which I duly complied.
Before / After
|SfB 15.0.4771.1001 MSO 15.0.4771.1001||SfB 15.0.4779.1001 MSO 15.0.4771.1001|
9th December 2015: This is the initial post