This is my personal go-to page for essential Skype for Business 2019 resources. Check out the other versions of this page in the menu on the RHS (or scroll to the bottom if you’re on a mobile device).
Server Update – CU1 – July 2019
This CU is a biggie! It updates *every* component on the Front End, taking it from 7.0.2046.116 to 7.0.2046.123.
Read more in my dedicated post.
Client Security Update – November 2018
This update to the client takes it from 15.0.5071.1000 to 15.0.5085.1000.
You’ll find more info in this post.
Teams Room Systems
This is the Release Notes page for Teams Room Systems.
Official Microsoft bits
Utils & Tools
- Debugging tools. (v2046.19)
- UCMA – Unified Communications Managed API 6.0 Runtime. (v2046.19)
- UCMA 6.0 SDK. (v2046.19)
- Skype for Business Server 2019, Call Quality Dashboard. (CallQualityDashboard.msi, v2046.19)
- Skype for Business Server 2019, Capacity Calculator. (Skype_for_Business_Server_2019_Scenario_Based_Capacity_Calculator.xlsx, v2046.19)
- Skype for Business Server 2019, Management Pack. (Includes SkypeForBusiness2019ManagementPacks.msi & WatcherNode.msi, both reported as v2046.19)
- Skype for Business Server, Real-Time Statistics Manager (64-bit). (Includes StatsManPerfAgent.msi, StatsManPerfAgentListener.msi, StatsManWebSite.msi & Update-StatsMan.ps1, all reported as v2046.22)
- Key Health Indicators for Lync Server 2013, Skype for Business Server 2015 and Skype for Business Server 2019. (KHI_Resources.zip, v2046.22)
Looking for the ResKit and SEFAUtil? As MS has revealed we’ll see SEFAUtil in PowerShell in a forthcoming CU, it would surprise me to have them release it now as an .exe and then make it obsolete in a month or two. Happy to be proven wrong of course. Watch this space.
- To come.
Skype for Business Survival Guide
If it’s not on Ståle’s master list here, it doesn’t exist:
Utils, Tools & Scripts
- Mandie’s script to quickly toggle the client UI between Lync 2013 and Skype for Business 2015
- Here’s Jeff’s indispensable batch file that sets the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0 for Office 2013
- Y0av Barzilay updates for Office 2016 the registry key you need to set the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0.
- New-CsFirmware.ps1 – Upload Multiple Lync Phone Edition Firmware Updates to a Single or Multiple Pools
- Chris Wright’s AD Photo Edit tool. Highly commended. It probably annoys the pants off the commercial software operations that such a great util can be had for free!
- The .NET Regular Expression Designer is a free download that helps you learn, develop and test regular expressions – but don’t overlook the “New-CsVoiceRegex” command in Lync Powershell!
- Graham’s SIP Pinger tool is a good one to have in the armoury as well
- Number management continues to be a hassle:
- Take some of the pain out of using SEFAUtil with:
- Richard Brynteson’s post “CHANGE IS COMING. WHAT ENABLESKYPEUI DOESN’T DO“
- Doug Deitterick’s post “How to Verify if Skype for Business Server 2015 Database Updates Completed Successfully”
- MVP Rodolpho Castro has created a version of the offline PowerShell commandlets “.chm” file using TechNet’s “export” feature
Certificates now warrant a section to themselves!
- Chris Hayward walks you through “how to increase the internal certificate validity period“
- Chad McGreanor’s walk-through on requesting a cert for TMG (and also applies to Web Apps)
- Guy & Y0av’s Lync Certificates Report will query ALL the servers in your topology (if WinRM is enabled) and provide a report detailing how long they have to live
- David Paulino’s Test-CertificateStore.ps1 will identify certificates in the wrong stores. Problems here can stop your new OAuth cert from replicating or your Front-End service from starting
- Feed the thumbprints of your existing and replacement certificates into my Compare-PkiCertificates.ps1 and it will tell you where they differ
Blogs & related websites
- Lync on TechNet
- Amanda (Mandi) Debler
- Andrew Morpeth
- Anthony Caragol
- Elan Shudnow
- James Arber
- James Cussen
- Jeff Schertz
- Josh Blalock
- John A Cook
- Jonathan McKinney
- Lasse Nordvik Wedø
- Mark Vale
- Matt Landis
- Elho World, it’s Pat Richard!
- Paul Bloem
- Ståle Hansen
- Yoav Barzilay
My own posts
Check the Skype for Business groups in the Categories menu, as well as “PowerShell” for my scripts and “SDK” for my utilities that plug in to the client.