This week’s Security Update seems to have touched a few items and of course the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client is no exception. Our September update took us to 15.0.4963.1000 and today we jump to 15.0.4971.1000.
Kb 4011179: This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-11786.
This security update contains the following improvements and fixes:
- Kb 4042815 Improves the conference experience for active speaker video stream in VDIv2 in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4042811 “The video preview won’t show” error occurs when you start a video call in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) in VDIv2
- Kb 4042814 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) sign-in fails when the client moves from internal to external Internet connection
- Kb 4042810 Duplicate working numbers for contacts are displayed on the call drop-down menu in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4042812 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) doesn’t display who changed the whiteboard content in a meeting
- Kb 4042817 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) crashes when the computer resumes from sleep or hibernate mode
- Kb 4042809 A user’s department isn’t displayed on their contact card in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4042813 Can’t automatically log on to Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) that has the December 6, 2016, update installed
- Kb 4042816 Adds a new Show/Hide My Video button for VDIv2 users to minimize the self-view video in Skype for Business 2015
What’s New / Changed
It’s been a big year for pre-req updates, but if you’re current then you’re OK today.
If however your patching isn’t to current you’ll need to check you have *all* of these pre-req’s. The Office 2013 SP1 requirement still applies if you’re using Outlook 2010. (Lync 2013 in all of its flavours – e.g. Lync Basic – is still a component of Office 2013).
|Update for Office 2013 (KB3054853) (NOTE 1 BELOW)||1.0||9 June 2015|
|LyncHelpLoc (kb3191937)||1.0||22 May 2017|
|Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (KB2817427)||1.0||13 February 2014|
This is the client fix itself:
I have all the pre-req’s already installed, had exited the client before we started & was not prompted for a reboot.
Before / After
|SfB 15.0.4963.1000 MSO 15.0.4719.1000||SfB 15.0.4971.1000 MSO 15.0.4719.1000|
12th October 2017: This is the initial post.