We have another update to the Office 2013-based Skype for Business client. Our last update was May, and this one (Kb 4464593) takes us from 15.0.5137.1000 to 15.0.5145.1000.
- Kb 4505833 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) becomes unresponsive when you join a meeting with many participants
- Kb 4507057 Skype for Business crashes at sign-in after applying the May 7, 2019 update
- Improves translations for multiple language versions of Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – June 2019’ »
I’ve been building electronic kits since I was a kid, and even designed a couple that made publication. A very relevant example of the latter is my Telephone Intercom. It’s been a long time between drinks though – and I’ve been lamenting that since 2011 apparently, if you read the aforementioned post. Ahh, fate…
Wind forward to 2018 and some friends of ours have fled overseas to build their dream home in rural New Zealand, off-grid and with no network connectivity.
Wisely or otherwise, we thought that a time-lapse movie of the building of said home would make a great housewarming present, and so a not inexpensive rig based on a GoPro was procured, tested, personally delivered to New Zealand and installed.
After its first images were received and processed, Rocky – the photographer in the family – decided he wasn’t happy with the video quality out of the GoPro, and that a DSLR would capture a better image. The only problem is that comparable rigs cost MANY thousands of dollars – and that’s before you add the camera and lens.
“We’re clever, surely we can just build one?”
Continue reading ‘The Intervalometerator’ »
Not to be confused with the somewhat overdue arrival of a CU1, this release – the first for SfBS2019 – is but a hotfix.
This took only one component on my Standard Edition Front End from 7.0.2046.0 to 7.0.2046.116.
This update enables Location-Based Routing to support Skype for Business mobile clients. It also fixes the following issue:
- Event ID 12290 and “The evaluation period… has expired” error during deployment by using Skype for Business Server 2019 evaluation software.
Nothing noted. No new commandlets are added to the PowerShell module in this update.
Continue reading ‘SfBS 2019 HF1 – June 2019’ »
This one snuck past me recently, but as always Guy Bachar’s RSS feed is there to remind me. Here we are in May and with a minor update to the Office 2013-based Skype for Business client. Our last update was April, and this one (Kb 4464547) takes us from your choice of either 15.0.5125.1000 or 15.0.5127.1000 to 15.0.5137.1000.
Not much! This update “improves translations for multiple language versions of Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)”.
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – May 2019’ »
In March we saw an update that took SfB 2015 Server to 6.0.9319.544, and this May update (officially CU9), while incrementing only 4 build numbers to 6.0.9319.548 updates six components on my Front-End.
This cumulative update includes a defense in depth fix and enables Location-Based Routing to support the Skype for Business mobile clients. It also fixes the following issues:
- 4490655 Event ID 32011 and Event ID 1000 occur when ASMCU service crashes in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487830 The ability for Skype for Business Server 2015 to support TLS 1.2 connections from Surface Hub and Microsoft Teams Rooms systems (SRSv2) is available
- 4487824 Updated job title isn’t displayed in the Skype for Business for Mac or mobile client in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487825 Support for sending custom policies to UCWA clients in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487826 UCWA client drops an incoming call on SBAs from a federated user in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487827 Simultaneous ring not working after you install Skype for Business Server 2015 November 2016 Cumulative Update
- 4487828 Can’t automatically sign in to Skype for Business for Mac after EnableMobility is set to false in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487819 Intranet URI is still filtered even if IgnoreLocal is set to True in Set-CsImFilterConfiguration in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487820 Audio conference invitations are sent to delegates of your delegates if you set up simultaneous ring to delegates in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487821 “Call was not completed or has ended” error when you make a call with a federated user in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487822 File transfer filter doesn’t block file name extension if it’s allowed by IM filter in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487817 Conversation History time stamp in Outlook differs from the time stamp of UCWA clients in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487818 Skype for Business UCWA client can’t be distinguished on CDR report if connection is internal or external
- 4488056 UCMA calls still fail after one Front End server in the pool goes down for a while in Skype for Business Server 2015
- 4487816 “With the plug-in, you can present your screen in the meeting” warning occurs when you install Skype for Business Web App plug-in in Internet Explorer
- 4489272 Can’t upgrade back-end database that uses a SQL Server always on availability group to Cumulative Update 8 (CU8) or apply CU8 to Front End or Edge servers in Skype for Business Server 2015
Continue reading ‘SfB 2015 Server Update – May 2019’ »
It’s April already – Autumn/Fall here in Oz, or Q2 if you’re more the practical type – and have an update to the Office 2013-based Skype for Business client. Our last update was February, and this one (Kb 4462207) takes us from 15.0.5101.1000 to either 15.0.5125.1000 or 15.0.5127.1000, depending on whether you trust the kb or the Help/About version more.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb 4495279 Skype for Business stops responding when receiving a toast notification of an IM or an incoming call in Citrix VDI environment.
- Kb 4495282 Update the country name from “Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of” to “North Macedonia” for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – April 2019’ »
Our January release took the SfB 2015 Server to 6.0.9319.537, and now we have a March update taking Core Components and UCWA to 6.0.9319.544.
(I thank Luis Ramos for bringing this to my attention. Check out his very detailed post on the subject.)
It looks to be too soon to tell for this one, as the doco’s haven’t been updated. Stay tuned and I’ll update this as more information becomes available.
Continue reading ‘SfB 2015 Server Update – March 2019’ »
We have a February update! It’s been just over a month since our last update to the client, and as with January’s, this update also only brings one fix. Kb 4462135 takes the Office 2013-based client from 15.0.5101.1000 to 15.0.5111.1000.
This update fixes the following issue:
- 4488496 Call or conference window becomes transparent in Skype for Business.
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – February 2019’ »
I’ve been tinkering with Python of late – of which you’ll read more about here in due course. I’ve never used Python before, but I’ve been really impressed with what I’ve been able to code and get a Raspberry Pi to do in such a relatively short time.
In the process of building that project I decided it would be handy if I could host a basic Python site in Azure, and I was pleased to see Microsoft has just the thing in preview at the moment. For bonus points, the base image deployed in Azure includes the Flask web framework, and the web app runs on Gunicorn, neatly paralleling my own development work and allowing for a very easy port to Azure!
My requirements didn’t fit with the automated GitHub deployment process that Microsoft documents, and I thought I’d reproduce it here for anyone else in a similar situation.
Our end result here is the customary “Hello World” page. Continue reading ‘Running a Python Web App in Azure’ »
A customer reported an interesting bug that found its way to me today, and in the washup it turned out that I was somewhat directly the cause. Ouch.
The problem was that anyone hosting a “Meet Now” meeting on the Trio was unable to add participants. When they pressed “+ Add” on-screen button, the phone reported “Service unavailable”, and offered no further explanation.
Continue reading ‘Polycom Trio – Service Unavailable adding Meet Now participants’ »