TLDR: I think it’s broken – or as James Arber implied on Twitter, it might have made it out the gate prematurely.
My suggestion: Do not install this version!
Out of the blue recently Microsoft updated the Skype for Business 2015 Debugging Tools version from 6.0.9319.73 to the interestingly-named (well, numbered) 7.0.1678.1.1.
Before you can install it you’ll need to uninstall the previous version:
Continue reading ‘ClsLogger.EXE Crashes with Unhandled Exception’ »
It’s been 3 months since our last security update to the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client, and five weeks since this one. Today we go from 15.0.4927.1000 to 15.0.4933.1000. It addresses a risk of remote code execution.
Kb 3191939: This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-0283.
This security update [also] contains improvements and fixes:
- Kb 4023594 Can’t upload a file in a persistent chat room by selecting the “send” button in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4023595 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) crashes when you sign in to the client
- Kb 4023597 Update to join a conference meeting without an audio device in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Security Update – June 2017’ »
You’ve probably seen this message before and there are a range of potential causes for it.
In this case I battled with this one for longer than I would like to have before stumbling upon Ken Lasko’s “Meet URL Gives 404 error” and the fix. Thank you Ken!!
Continue reading ‘We Couldn’t Find This Skype Meeting’ »
This May 2017 update takes the server from 6.0.9319.277 to 6.0.9319.281 & updates 8 components on my Standard Edition Front-End.
- Kb4020997 Skype for Business Server 2015 Front-End service may crash in Windows Server 2016
- Kb4020994 Event ID 36023 is consistently logged on Multiple Front-End servers in a Skype for Business Server 2015 environment that enables CAC
- Kb4020993 DTMF tone isn’t played when some DTMF packets are dropped in the network in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4020991 Enables “move-csmeetingroom” cmdlet to move meeting room from on-premises to Online in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4020987 The update to OcsMcu.msp can’t be applied when conferencing is disabled in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4020986 Enables new CallerId Policy for PSTN calls in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4020984 The ms-client-diagnostics header for application sharing scenario is not correctly formatted in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4020983 “sorry, I didn’t get that…” GVA announcement is triggered by external audio sources in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4019726 Call remains ringing on a PSTN phone when you click End Meeting in a Skype meeting in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4019725 Event ID 44005 and 44008 are logged when you try to leave a voicemail in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4019724 You cannot join Skype meeting after you perform a pool failover in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4019723 Agents in a Response Group can’t receive call after you invoke pool failover in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4019722 Event ID 30210 occurs when you try to leave voicemail in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015911 Pool failover fails when you have many conference directories in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015910 Event ID 53106 “Unable to Save Message” occurs in Skype for Business Server 2015 Persistent Chat Server
- Kb4015907 Update that enables simplified meeting join experience in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015904 Enables UCWA to populate “OTHER CONTACTS” and “FAVORITES” groups at first sign in to Skype for Business mobile app
- Kb4015902 Failed to start MatchMaking service and its dependencies if FIPS for RGS is enabled in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015901 Calls to RGS may fail after an in-place upgrade from Lync server 2013 to Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015900 Enables “VoicemailOnBusy” ActionType to be set for Exchange Online users in Skype for Business Server 2015 Busy Options
- Kb4015899 “Busy Options” feature doesn’t check the second incoming call in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015898 RGS agents may stop receiving calls after you run the “Enable-CsTopology” cmdlet in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4015893 Enables delegate management feature for Unified Communications Web API in Skype for Business Server 2015
Continue reading ‘SfB 2015 Server Update CU5 – May 2017’ »
Our May update to the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client (Kb 3191876) follows last month’s update and takes us from 15.0.4919.1000 to 15.0.4927.1000.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb 4019641 Updates the meeting invitation to let mobile client join PSTN calls with one-tap in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4019640 Hebrew words in instant messages are displayed in reverse order in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4019639 Displays a message when you sign in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) without network connection
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – May 2017’ »
Our April update to the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client (Kb 3178731) follows last month’s Security Update and takes us from 15.0.4911.1000 to 15.0.4919.1000.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb 4016107 Supports to join a meeting in Lync Web App when you don’t sign in to Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015934 Can’t sign in to Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) when you resume laptop to a different network
- Kb 4015933 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) that is running on an AOAC device does not sign-out
- Kb 4015932 Rich Text Format isn’t fully preserved in the exported archiving data in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015931 Instant messages may stop displaying, or out of order in conversation history in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015930 The IM button isn’t enabled for all users in the contact card in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015928 You may not see a shared video in a conference that has many participants in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015927 Can’t see Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) conversation history, calendar data, and presence data in Outlook
- Kb 4015925 Cannot sign in to Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) when you register the domain as a vanity domaintitle
- Kb 4015924 Meet Now user can’t see video from other users in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015923 Installation state is changed to “Run from My Computer” after you apply an update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb 4015922 Removes the “ is not active on an IM device” alert in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015921 Update to show list of opened rooms in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015920 Adds support to resize the width of the tab list of conversations in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015919 Adds an Insert Link button in the action bar of the chat input area of IM window in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- Kb 4015918 Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) crashes in the lync.exe process on startup
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – April 2017’ »
I’ve been bashing at this script for almost 4 years now and the main post’s getting a bit long with the revision history. I’ve taken a leaf from a peer’s book and decided to spin the entire history out into its own post. Whether the ancient history is of use to anyone remains to be seen, but here it is regardless.
Continue reading ‘Convert-SonusSbcConfigToWord.ps1 – Revision History’ »
Sonus introduced “Fax Tone Detection” in the SBC 1k/2k v6.1.1 b459, but it has a glitch in it: turn it off and you’ll get 1-way voice.
From their online documentation: Fax Tone Detection
Specifies whether or not the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 system will detect Fax tones produced by the terminating side fax machine. Fax tone detection(V.21 flags) is used when Fax calls are received from TDM to a Fax server and the voice call needs to be switched to a Fax call using T.38. If Fax tone detection is enabled, the SBC Edge detects the Fax tone from TDM and switches to Fax mode (it will initiate a re-INVITE with T.38 support to the Fax Server). If Fax tone detection is disabled, the SBC Edge will pass-through the Fax tones to the Fax server and the Fax server will have to detect them and initiate a re-INVITE to switch to Fax mode with T.38.
I’ve encountered this with ISDN to the carrier feeding SIP to SfB, and from a SIP carriage service to an ISDN PABX. The fix is to ensure Fax Tone Detection is set to Enabled on the Media List. The issue doesn’t manifest itself for SIP-SIP calls.
The issue has been documented as SYM-23041 and is due to be fixed in a future release.
Determining the number of SIP channels to licence in your new SBC is often based on an educated guess. Many customers migrating to SIP from ISDN have been historically over-resourced for ISDN channels as their carrier (at least here in Oz) typically forces multiples of 10 channels so as to sell a 2MB PRI ISDN as a 10, 20 or 30 channel service. With luck your carrier can provide traffic figures, or a “busy hour” high water mark to note the highest number you’re expected to reach.
Having made that leap of faith you might be a little uneasy when it goes into production, but if you’re using a Sonus SBC 1k/2k/SWe you’ll be comforted to know it keeps a 25-hour rolling window so you can keep an eye on the call breakdown.
From the System / Licensing / Current Licenses page, click “Historical Usage” in the menu bar at the top:
Continue reading ‘Monitoring Sonus SBC peak SIP calls’ »
Fixed in this week’s release of Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.2 is an issue where complex characters in your O365 password will prevent CCE from operating (or upgrading) successfully.
You’re prompted to provide O365 Admin credentials with the “Register-CcAppliance” step of the CCE installation process. This commandlet *will* accept a complex password without error, however if you look in “C:\Program Files\Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition\ManagementService\CceManagementService.log” you might see things aren’t going so well:
CceService Error: 0 : Unexpected exception when reporting status to online: System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException:
Logon failed for the user email@example.com. Please create a new credential object, making sure that you have used the correct user name and password.
---> Microsoft.Rtc.Admin.Authentication.CommonAuthException: Logon failed for the user firstname.lastname@example.org'. Please create a new credential object, making sure that you have used the correct user name and password. --->
Microsoft.Rtc.Admin.Authentication.CommonAuthException: Failed to logon with given credentials. Make sure correct user name and password provided. ---> Microsoft.Rtc.Admin.Authentication.IdcrlExtendedException:
Continue reading ‘Complex Passwords OK in Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.2’ »