This CU updates four components from 5.0.8308.956 & .965 to 5.0.8308.974.
- Kb3204551 Improve the experience of moving users in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- Kb3204552 Skype for Business mobile clients don’t show telephone numbers for some users on contact card
- Kb3204547 You can’t join a meeting from Safari or Firefox through a Lync Server 2013 Mac app
- Kb3204546 You can’t join a meeting from outside Skype for Business or Lync on iOS 10.0 and later versions
- Kb3204553 Lync Server 2013 adds support for Skype for Business for Mac
The same Commandlet added to SfB 2015 in its CU4 has also materialised here too:
Here’s what that looks like:
PS C:\Users\Greig> Get-CsPlatformServiceSettings Identity : Global EnableDelegateManagement : False EnablePushNotifications : True UseLegacyPushNotifications : True EnableE911 : True PS C:\Users\Greig>
(As at Nov 17th it doesn’t appear to have made it to TechNet yet).
Here’s the “before” view of it going on to my Standard Edition Front-End:
My FE was current prior to installing this update, so there was no need to update databases:
PS C:\> Test-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn lync2013se.contoso.local | ft DatabaseName,ExpectedVersion,InstalledVersion -auto DatabaseName ExpectedVersion InstalledVersion ------------ --------------- ---------------- xds 10.13.3 10.13.2 lis 3.1.1 3.1.1 rtcxds 15.13.2 15.13.2 rtcshared 5.0.1 5.0.1 rtcab 62.42.3 62.42.3 rgsconfig 5.5.1 5.5.1 rgsdyn 2.2.1 2.2.1 cpsdyn 1.1.2 1.1.2 PS C:\>
After you’ve run the installer & updated the databases (if required), don’t overlook the final few steps:
- Enable-CSTopology – which will fail if you have SfB2015 co-existing, so don’t be frightened by the error “Command execution failed: “1” error categories reported in topology document.”
- Fire off the bootstrapper: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Deployment\Bootstrapper.exe
- And if you’ve skipped an update or two, best run Update-CsAdminRole after you’re done to make sure the new commandlets added in previous updates are accessible when PS Remoting.
No, one was not required.
17th November: This is the initial release.
9th December: Added text announcing the CU has been pulled.
15th December: Updated to reference the new December fix-up.