This January update to Lync Server 2013 primarily addresses an E911 issue introduced in November. If you’ve updated to 5.0.8308.974 or 5.0.8308.977 (the November and December updates) and use E911, you should consider applying this update with a sense of urgency. It takes the server to 5.0.8308.984.
- Kb4010079 Emergency call (E9-1-1) fails in Lync Server 2013
- Kb4010078 You can’t dial voice mail number from Lync or Skype for Business client in Lync Server 2013
- Kb4010080 “The row has different number of columns than header row.” error when you run the Post Move Cleanup Tool in Lync Server 2013
- Kb4010237 Move-CsLegacyUser cmdlet fails after you install April 2016 cumulative update in Lync Server 2013
- KB4010081 You can’t rejoin the media of a meeting after a long disconnection in Lync Server 2013
Here’s the “before” view of it going on to my Standard Edition Front-End:
After you’ve run the installer & updated the databases (if required), don’t overlook the final few steps:
- Enable-CSTopology – which will fail if you have SfB2015 co-existing, so don’t be frightened by the error “Command execution failed: “1” error categories reported in topology document.”
- Fire off the bootstrapper: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Deployment\Bootstrapper.exe
- And if you’ve skipped an update or two, best run Update-CsAdminRole after you’re done to make sure the new commandlets added in previous updates are accessible when PS Remoting.
No, one was not required.
21st January: This is the initial release.