This is my personal go-to page for Lync 2013 resources. I’ll keep it up-to-date with all of the latest CUs and utils.
My Lync *2010* Resource Toolkit is here.
Have a read of the Lync 2013 Release Notes. There are a few known gotchas there.
Client Update – June 2018
This update to the client takes it from 15.0.5031.1000 to … 15.0.5031.1000! (Well, if you do Help/About that’s what it shows).
You’ll find more info – and I explain the cryptic Help/About business – in this post.
Lync 2013 Server Update – July 2017
The update takes six components on the the server from March’s 5.0.8308.987 to 5.0.8308.992.
You can read more about it here.
Lync Phone Edition Update – April 2017
This update takes Phone Edition to 4.0.7577.4531.
Download the relevant CAB files from here:
- Polycom CX500, 600 and CX3000 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Aastra 6721 and 6725 (4.0.7577.4531)
- HP 4110 and 4120 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Tanjay (unchanged from Dec 2015 at 4.0.7577.4494)
LRS / “SRS” – April 2016
Kb3155873. 15.15 – April 2016:
Official Microsoft bits
Utils & Tools
- The Lync Meeting Update Tool. This tool finds Lync meetings that might have outdated links and automatically sends updated meeting invitations to participants.
- The Microsoft Lync Connectivity Analyzer. This free-standing EXE will assess your deployment and let you know if it’s compliant/compatible with both the Lync Mobile client and the Lync Store App. (Updated to v 8308.582 January 2014)
- The free “Lync Basic” 2013 client (version 15.0.4420.1017, October 2012). Read more about that in this separate post
- Microsoft Lync VDI 2013 plugin (version 15.0.4420.1017, October 2012)
- Lync 2013 Pre-Call Diagnostic Tool. (Updated June 2015 to 8308.442)
- Lync Server 2013 Debugging Tools. (Updated January 2014 to 8308.577)
- THIS is the Reskit. (Updated Jan 2014 to 8308.577). The downloaded MSI (when extracted) contains a Word document called “Lync_Server_2013_Resource_Kit_Tools.doc”, but if you can’t wait for the download to arrive you can find the same info here on TechNet
- Lync Server 2013 Stress and Performance Tool (version 8308.299, 8 Mar 2013)
- Lync Server 2013 Management Pack (full of SCOMmy goodness)
- Lync Server 2013 Whiteboard Archiving Viewer
- Lync Server 2013 Best Practices Analyzer (BPA)
- The new (Christmas 2012) combined Test Connectivity site for Lync and Exchange
- Microsoft Lync Server Conferencing Attendant Custom Voice Prompts
- Lync SDN Interface 2.1. This page has the MSIs, CHM & DOCX for Lync’s Software-Defined Networking API. (version 9081.1, 26 Sept 2014)
- Key Health Indicators for Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015 (version 2.0, 29 Jul 2015)
- You wanna code? Here are the SDKs:
- Microsoft Lync (Client) 2013 SDK (version 15.0.4603.1000, 17 Mar 2014).
- UCMA 4.0 SDK (version 5.0.8308.291, 27 Feb 2013)
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat Server SDK (version 5.0.8308.556, 7 Oct 2013)
- Get the UCWA (UC Web API) and all related info from the Lync/SfB Web Developer Website. (Current download is March 2014).
- Lync Server 2013 Stress Testing Guide. (18 Feb Sept 2014)
- The Lync Server 2013 Protocol Workloads Poster. (3 Sept 2013)
- Lync Server 2013 On-Premises Architectures Poster. (21 Feb 2014)
- Lync Server 2013 Planning Tool. (Updated 1st Jul 2013 to 8308.420)
- Lync Server 2013 Virtualization White Paper.docx. (18 Feb 2014)
- Lync Server 2013 Documentation Help file (15 Apr 2014)
- OfficeWebApps.chm – a free-standing help file for Office Web Apps
- RTM Documentation on TechNet
- Lync 2013 Headers for SIP Trunk provider billing
- Provisioning Guide for Lync-Skype Connectivity: Lync Server 2013 and Lync Online
- Lync Server 2013 Capacity Calculator
- Lync 2010 and 2013 Bandwidth Calculator
- Lync 2010 and 2013 – Call Quality Methodology poster (4 Feb 2014)
- Office Visio Stencils (3rd October 2014)
Utils, Tools & Scripts
- Set-Cs2013Features.ps1 (nee Set-CsLync2013Prereqs.ps1). Pat Richard’s great script for Lync 2013 on Server 2012 installs all of the required Windows Features for each role – even Web App – as well as useful utilities like Shutdown, Reboot and Logoff buttons!
- The Lync 2013 version of the indispensable Batch file to set the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0. (Thanks Jeff!!)
- Randy Wintle’s written a PowerShell front-end for the Lync Consolidated Logging service
- New-CsFirmware.ps1 – Upload Multiple Lync Phone Edition Firmware Updates to a Single or Multiple Pools
- Event Zero’s “Big Boss” web-based app will generate a test call to you. Alternatively, try their Federation Tester
- Take some of the pain out of using SEFAUtil with:
- Down in Melbourne, James has also been busy with these great utils:
- Chris Wright’s AD Photo Edit tool. Highly commended. It probably annoys the pants off the commercial software operations that such a great util can be had for free!
- The .NET Regular Expression Designer is a free download that helps you learn, develop and test regular expressions – but don’t overlook the “New-CsVoiceRegex” command in Lync Powershell!
- Graham Cropley saw a suggestion on the Lync Ideascale site for a callback reminder, and he was inspired to write a great plugin – which you can download from here.
- Graham’s SIP Pinger tool is a good one to have in the armoury as well.
- The Norwegian Royal Family of the Lync world (ake Lasse & Ståle) have joined forces to help with number management. It’s all here on their new site lyncnumbers.net.
- Anthony Caragol’s GUI Lync 2013 Contact Backup and Restore Tool.
- Here’s a great MSPL script from David Paulino. Use it as-is or as guidance/inspiration for your own MSPL efforts.
- Avoid delays – and the complaints that arise – joining a Lync meeting with Drago Totev’s scheduled ‘warmup’ script.
- Jens Trier Rasmussen has written a great post explaining the new Centralized Logging Service
- Chad McGreanor’s walk-through on requesting a cert for TMG (and also applies to Web Apps)
- Chad McGreanor’s post about the Lync 2013 Web Scheduler
- Doug Deitterick’s post “How to Verify if Lync Server 2013 Database Updates Completed Successfully”
- Lync ICE Warning Flag Decoder – a tool which enables you to easily find the meaning of Lync ICEWarn messages, without referring to lengthy documents and tables
- Curtis Johnstone shows how to establish a remote powershell session
- Anthony Caragol’s detailed walk-through for creating a Lync RGS/IVR from PowerShell.
- On his UnifiedMe.co.uk blog, Murali Krishnan has painstakingly crafted the Lync Call Forwarding Options call flow. Check it out!
- There are some GREAT resources linked here on the Self-service Lync Troubleshooting and Diagnostics page
- Tim Harrington’s nicely captured a custom meeting configuration.
Lync Blogs & related websites
- Lync on TechNet
- Dr Rez
- NextHop – get it before it goes!
- Andrew Morpeth
- Elan Shudnow
- James Cussen
- Jeff Schertz
- Jonathan McKinney
- Lasse Nordvik Wedø
- Matt Landis
- Pat Richard’s Elho World!
- Ståle Hansen
My own posts
- Get-InvalidRgsAgents.ps1 decodes instances of warnings 31137 & 31138 from your Event Logs to identify invalid RGS agents, and optionally cleanses them from the Agent Group(s).
- Convert-SonusSbcConfigToWord.ps1 takes a backup of a Sonus SBC1000 or 2000 gateways and turns much of the content into a Word document. It saves you a lot of screen-scraping pain in your as-built, and can be a handy debugging tool too!
- MAdCaP.ps1 – a “script”, but actually presents a GUI for you to Manage Analog devices and Common area Phones
- HIDnLync – adds shortcut keys to change your status or personal note. Interface with external hardware and use it to trigger a change in your Lync
- Elyza is an auto-responding ‘bot for Lync. She started out as a means to test federation and help you run Lync demo’s single-handedly, but then my partner suggested I incorporate “ELIZA”, a text-based “chatterbot” that we both encountered in our high school years…
- Profiles for Lync v2 – bounce between multiple Lync accounts with a click of the mouse. For Lync 2010 and Lync 2013
- Script to list unused numbers