This is my personal go-to page for Lync 2013 resources. Whilst Lync 2013 has largely gone the way of the dodo, I’ll update this page with releases as they come to my attention.
My Lync *2010* Resource Toolkit is here.
Have a read of the Lync 2013 Release Notes. There are a few known gotchas there.
Lync Server 2013 Security Update – May 2021 – 5.0.8308.1144
- The download: Lync Server 2013 Cumulative Update KB 2809243
- The story: Description of the security update for Skype for Business Server and Lync Server: May 11, 2021 (KB5003729)
Client Update – May 2020
Kb 4484289. The official version number of this update is 15.0.5241.1000, although you’ll see it documented in Help/About as 15.0.5233.1000. This apparent discrepancy is confirmed by the ‘lync-x-none.msp file information’ details in the kb article.
There are no specific fixes listed, other than that “this update improves translations for multiple language versions of Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).”
This is the client fix itself:
You’ll find more info in this post.
Lync Phone Edition Update – April 2017
This update takes Phone Edition to 4.0.7577.4531.
Download the relevant CAB files from here:
- Polycom CX500, 600 and CX3000 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Aastra 6721 and 6725 (4.0.7577.4531)
- HP 4110 and 4120 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Tanjay (unchanged from Dec 2015 at 4.0.7577.4494)
LRS / “SRS” – April 2016
Kb3155873. 15.15 – April 2016:
Official Microsoft bits
Utils & Tools
- The Lync Meeting Update Tool. This tool finds Lync meetings that might have outdated links and automatically sends updated meeting invitations to participants.
- The Microsoft Lync Connectivity Analyzer. This free-standing EXE will assess your deployment and let you know if it’s compliant/compatible with both the Lync Mobile client and the Lync Store App. (Updated to v 8308.582 January 2014)
- The free “Lync Basic” 2013 client (version 15.0.4420.1017, October 2012). Read more about that in this separate post
- Microsoft Lync VDI 2013 plugin (version 15.0.4420.1017, October 2012)
- Lync 2013 Pre-Call Diagnostic Tool. (Updated June 2015 to 8308.442)
- Lync Server 2013 Debugging Tools. (Updated January 2014 to 8308.577)
- THIS is the Reskit. (Updated Jan 2014 to 8308.577). The downloaded MSI (when extracted) contains a Word document called “Lync_Server_2013_Resource_Kit_Tools.doc”, but if you can’t wait for the download to arrive you can find the same info here on TechNet
- Lync Server 2013 Stress and Performance Tool (version 8308.299, 8 Mar 2013)
- Lync Server 2013 Management Pack (full of SCOMmy goodness)
- Lync Server 2013 Whiteboard Archiving Viewer
- Lync Server 2013 Best Practices Analyzer (BPA)
- The new (Christmas 2012) combined Test Connectivity site for Lync and Exchange
- Microsoft Lync Server Conferencing Attendant Custom Voice Prompts
- Lync SDN Interface 2.1. This page has the MSIs, CHM & DOCX for Lync’s Software-Defined Networking API. (version 9081.1, 26 Sept 2014)
- Key Health Indicators for Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015 (version 2.0, 29 Jul 2015)
- You wanna code? Here are the SDKs:
- Microsoft Lync (Client) 2013 SDK (version 15.0.4603.1000, 17 Mar 2014).
- UCMA 4.0 SDK (version 5.0.8308.291, 27 Feb 2013)
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat Server SDK (version 5.0.8308.556, 7 Oct 2013)
- Get the UCWA (UC Web API) and all related info from the Lync/SfB Web Developer Website. (Current download is March 2014).
- Lync Server 2013 Stress Testing Guide. (18 Feb Sept 2014)
- The Lync Server 2013 Protocol Workloads Poster. (3 Sept 2013)
- Lync Server 2013 On-Premises Architectures Poster. (21 Feb 2014)
- Lync Server 2013 Planning Tool. (Updated 1st Jul 2013 to 8308.420)
- Lync Server 2013 Virtualization White Paper.docx. (18 Feb 2014)
- Lync Server 2013 Documentation Help file (15 Apr 2014)
- OfficeWebApps.chm – a free-standing help file for Office Web Apps
- RTM Documentation on TechNet
- Lync 2013 Headers for SIP Trunk provider billing
- Provisioning Guide for Lync-Skype Connectivity: Lync Server 2013 and Lync Online
- Lync Server 2013 Capacity Calculator
- Lync 2010 and 2013 Bandwidth Calculator
- Lync 2010 and 2013 – Call Quality Methodology poster (4 Feb 2014)
- Office Visio Stencils (3rd October 2014)
Utils, Tools & Scripts
- Set-Cs2013Features.ps1 (nee Set-CsLync2013Prereqs.ps1). Pat Richard’s great script for Lync 2013 on Server 2012 installs all of the required Windows Features for each role – even Web App – as well as useful utilities like Shutdown, Reboot and Logoff buttons!
- The Lync 2013 version of the indispensable Batch file to set the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0. (Thanks Jeff!!)
- Randy Wintle’s written a PowerShell front-end for the Lync Consolidated Logging service
- New-CsFirmware.ps1 – Upload Multiple Lync Phone Edition Firmware Updates to a Single or Multiple Pools
- Event Zero’s “Big Boss” web-based app will generate a test call to you. Alternatively, try their Federation Tester
- Take some of the pain out of using SEFAUtil with:
- Down in Melbourne, James has also been busy with these great utils:
- Chris Wright’s AD Photo Edit tool. Highly commended. It probably annoys the pants off the commercial software operations that such a great util can be had for free!
- The .NET Regular Expression Designer is a free download that helps you learn, develop and test regular expressions – but don’t overlook the “New-CsVoiceRegex” command in Lync Powershell!
- Graham Cropley saw a suggestion on the Lync Ideascale site for a callback reminder, and he was inspired to write a great plugin – which you can download from here.
- Graham’s SIP Pinger tool is a good one to have in the armoury as well.
- The Norwegian Royal Family of the Lync world (ake Lasse & Ståle) have joined forces to help with number management. It’s all here on their new site lyncnumbers.net.
- Anthony Caragol’s GUI Lync 2013 Contact Backup and Restore Tool.
- Here’s a great MSPL script from David Paulino. Use it as-is or as guidance/inspiration for your own MSPL efforts.
- Avoid delays – and the complaints that arise – joining a Lync meeting with Drago Totev’s scheduled ‘warmup’ script.
- Jens Trier Rasmussen has written a great post explaining the new Centralized Logging Service
- Chad McGreanor’s walk-through on requesting a cert for TMG (and also applies to Web Apps)
- Chad McGreanor’s post about the Lync 2013 Web Scheduler
- Doug Deitterick’s post “How to Verify if Lync Server 2013 Database Updates Completed Successfully”
- Lync ICE Warning Flag Decoder – a tool which enables you to easily find the meaning of Lync ICEWarn messages, without referring to lengthy documents and tables
- Curtis Johnstone shows how to establish a remote powershell session
- Anthony Caragol’s detailed walk-through for creating a Lync RGS/IVR from PowerShell.
- On his UnifiedMe.co.uk blog, Murali Krishnan has painstakingly crafted the Lync Call Forwarding Options call flow. Check it out!
- There are some GREAT resources linked here on the Self-service Lync Troubleshooting and Diagnostics page
- Tim Harrington’s nicely captured a custom meeting configuration.
Lync Blogs & related websites
- Lync on TechNet
- Dr Rez
- NextHop – get it before it goes!
- Andrew Morpeth
- Elan Shudnow
- James Cussen
- Jeff Schertz
- Jonathan McKinney
- Lasse Nordvik Wedø
- Matt Landis
- Pat Richard’s Elho World!
- Ståle Hansen
My own posts
- Get-InvalidRgsAgents.ps1 decodes instances of warnings 31137 & 31138 from your Event Logs to identify invalid RGS agents, and optionally cleanses them from the Agent Group(s).
- Convert-SonusSbcConfigToWord.ps1 takes a backup of a Sonus SBC1000 or 2000 gateways and turns much of the content into a Word document. It saves you a lot of screen-scraping pain in your as-built, and can be a handy debugging tool too!
- MAdCaP.ps1 – a “script”, but actually presents a GUI for you to Manage Analog devices and Common area Phones
- HIDnLync – adds shortcut keys to change your status or personal note. Interface with external hardware and use it to trigger a change in your Lync
- Elyza is an auto-responding ‘bot for Lync. She started out as a means to test federation and help you run Lync demo’s single-handedly, but then my partner suggested I incorporate “ELIZA”, a text-based “chatterbot” that we both encountered in our high school years…
- Profiles for Lync v2 – bounce between multiple Lync accounts with a click of the mouse. For Lync 2010 and Lync 2013
- Script to list unused numbers