Our March 2018 update nudges the server up from 6.0.9319.510 to 6.0.9319.516 and updates 7 components on my Standard Edition Front-End.
It doesn’t seem to be officially called CU7, but so far Martin and I are going with that. I’ll update the post if I’m advised to the contrary. CU6 HF2 it is, thanks Tim!
According to the kb, “This update enables Location-Based Routing to support the Skype for Business mobile clients”, but the last one said that too.
It also fixes the following issues:
- Kb4036626 Missing ApplicationOptions attribute in user object created by New-CsHybridApplicationEndpoint cmdlet in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078589 High memory usage on RtcHost.exe when you deploy Shared Line Appearance in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078588 Can’t sign in Skype for Business mobile apps after applying Skype for Business Server 2015 CU6
- Kb4078590 Calls to Mac fail when enhanced presence privacy mode is enabled in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb4078592 Push Notification not working for Skype for Business for iOS in Skype for Business Server 201
- Kb4078587 Voice settings are intermittently reset in Skype for Business on iOS and Android
We have a pre-req! (OK, to be true this one was introduced with CU6 in December, but I thought I’d mention it here again in case you skipped that one).
“To apply this update, you must have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer or Web Installer) installed.”
Here’s the “before” view of it going on to my Lab’s Standard Edition Front-End:
This popped at the end of the installation:
An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in w3wp.exe .
This prompted me to install it on 2 more SE FE’s, an Edge and my Applications server, but the error failed to recur. Was that a fluke, or perhaps just something triggered by my woefully underpowered FE? I guess time will tell. Please add comments if you encounter this, and I’ll update the post if I see it in the real world.
The installer didn’t prompt me to reboot, but I always like to give it one for good measure!
25th March 2018: This is the initial release.
This version is CU6 HF2 according to MS support folks and my SfB DSE
Thanks Tim. Updated.