SfB 2019 Server Security Update – May 2021

This security update for SfBS 2019 (addressing a spoofing vulnerability) is build 7.0.2046.369, up from the previous 7.0.2046.367. It updated four components on my Standard Edition Front-End. What’s Fixed? This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Skype for Business Server and Microsoft Lync Server. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Security Update – May 2021’ »

SfB 2019 Server Update – March 2021

This latest update to SfBS2019 is build 7.0.2046.367, and it updated three components on my Standard Edition Front-End. (The last update was the security update to 7.0.2046.352 released in February). What’s Fixed? There are no bugfixes named in this update. What’s New? The next phase of Modern Admin Control Panel has landed, adding several new …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Update – March 2021’ »

SfB 2019 Server Security Update – February 2021

I woke to a flurry of news this morning, with updates to the Windows TCP/IP stack, as well as security updates for Lync Server 2013, SfBS 2015 and 2019. This update for SfBS 2019 is build 7.0.2046.252, up from the previous 7.0.2046.248. It updated only two components on my Standard Edition Front-End. What’s Fixed? This …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Security Update – February 2021’ »

SfB 2019 Server Update – November 2020

Following hot on the heels of this week’s update to SfBS 2015, we have the equivalent version for 2019. This is build 7.0.2048.248, and it updated only two components on my Standard Edition Front-End. (The last update was to 7.0.2046.244 released in September). What’s Fixed? Just the one update: Kb 4576668 Support push notification for …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Update – November 2020’ »

SfB 2019 Server Update – September 2020

With the dust still settling from last week’s Ignite we can get back to our usual routine, and what better way to do this than with CU4(?) for SfBS 2019. Our last update was July’s security update to 7.0.2046.236, and this new release (7.0.2046.244) updated nine components on my Standard Edition Front-End. What’s Fixed? Kb …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Update – September 2020’ »

SfB 2019 Server Security Update – July 2020

Today we see one of a (thankfully) rare occurrence – a security update for Skype for Business Server (both 2015 and 2019). A quick search through my blog history says our last one of those was for SfBS 2015 back in September 2015! (Has it really been that long?) Otherwise it’s been four months since …

Continue reading ‘SfB 2019 Server Security Update – July 2020’ »

List all SfBS & SfBO policies by type

Here’s a “one-liner” I came up with this week that dumps ALL of the SfB policies in your system ordered by type: PS C:\> Get-Command -Module SkypeForBusiness Get-Cs*Policy | where-object {$_.Name -ne “Get-CsEffectivePolicy”} | ForEach { invoke-expression $_.name } | ft @{Label=”Policy type”; Expression={($_.getType()).ToString().Split(‘.’)[-1]}}, identity -auto This is what it looks like here in the …

Continue reading ‘List all SfBS & SfBO policies by type’ »

SfBS 2019 CU2 HF1 March 2020

Things have been a bit quiet on the updates front of late, and today’s hotfix for SfB Server 2019 barely caused a ripple. This update builds upon December’s CU2, only updating two components on my SE Front-End. It takes the build from 7.0.2046.151 to 7.0.2046.216. What’s Fixed? Kb 4552637 “Fatal error during installation” error when …

Continue reading ‘SfBS 2019 CU2 HF1 March 2020’ »

Adventures with Import- and Update-CsUserData Pt.4

I’ve spent a lot of time in the past 12 months working with the <verb>-CsUserData commandlets in SfB, and it’s been an interesting time. This is part 4 in a series where I document the traps I’ve fallen into with the Import-CsUserData and Update-CsUserData commands in particular. Part 1 – Update-CsUserData fails on bad data. …

Continue reading ‘Adventures with Import- and Update-CsUserData Pt.4’ »

Adventures with Import- and Update-CsUserData Pt.3

I’ve spent a lot of time in the past 12 months working with the <verb>-CsUserData commandlets in SfB, and it’s been an interesting time. This is part 3 in a series where I document the traps I’ve fallen into with the Import-CsUserData and Update-CsUserData commands in particular. Part 1 – Update-CsUserData fails on bad data. …

Continue reading ‘Adventures with Import- and Update-CsUserData Pt.3’ »