This is my personal go-to page for essential Skype for Business resources.
Office2013-based Client Update – February 2018
This update to the client takes it from 15.0.4997.1000 to 15.0.5007.1000.
You’ll find more info and before/after shots in this post.
Server Update – CU6 – December 2017
This update takes the server from 6.0.9319.281 to 6.0.9319.510.
… and my post on the subject.
Lync Phone Edition Update – April 2017
This update takes Phone Edition to 4.0.7577.4531.
Download the relevant CAB files from here:
- Polycom CX500, 600 and CX3000 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Aastra 6721 and 6725 (4.0.7577.4531)
- HP 4110 and 4120 (4.0.7577.4531)
- Tanjay (unchanged from Dec 2015 at 4.0.7577.4494)
LRS / “SRS” – April 2016
Kb3155873. 15.15 – April 2016:
Yet to Upgrade to SfB?
Official Microsoft bits
Utils & Tools
- The free “Skype for Business Basic” 2016 client (version 16.<TBA>, September 2015). Click-To-Run version:
- The online meeting migration tool. (Use this as you migrate to O365):
- Skype for Business Server 2015 Resource Kit Tools – aka “OCSReskit.msi”. (v9319.263 – 20 July 2016)
- Initially released as a stand-alone download, SEFAUtil is now one of the components of the Reskit (above). Don’t overlook the replacement util and scripts linked further down this page.
- UCMA – Unified Communications Managed API 5.0 Runtime. (6.0.9319.0 – 28 May 2015)
- Call Quality Dashboard. (v9319.0 – 4 May 2015)
- Debugging tools. (v9319.73 – 29 July 2015)
- Microsoft Lync Room System Administrative Web Portal for Skype for Business Server 2015. (v9319.0 – 1 May 2015)
- Management Pack – includes WatcherNode.msi (v9319.247 – 26 April 2016)
- Rollout and Adoption Success Kit (RASK) Resources – download no longer available / withdrawn by MS.
- Skype for Business, SDN Interface 3.0 (v3.0 – 2 Feb 2017)
- Real-Time Statistics Manager (v7.0.1104.2 – 20 Apr 2016)
- Key Health Indicators for Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015 (version 2.0, 29 Jul 2015)
- Skype for Business 2015, Planning Tool (v9319.145 – 10 Dec 2015)
- Skype for Business 2015, Capacity Calculator (v9319.113 – 25 Feb 2016)
- Skype for Business Network Assessment Tool (v2017.1.0.51 – 8 Dec 2017)
- Skype for Business Server 2015 on TechNet
- Skype for Business client awareness and readiness resources – aka “SfB_Client_Readiness.zip” (April 2015)
- Skype for Business change management and adoption
- Client-side FAQ for Skype for Business (Lync)
- Scott Stubberfield’s post “Controlling the Client Experience with Skype for Business“
- Skype for Business 2015 Protocol Workloads Poster
- Key Health Indicators for Lync Server 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015. (v2.0 – 29 July 2015)
- There are now TWO product feedback sites for SfB:
Skype for Business Survival Guide
If it’s not on Ståle’s master list here, it doesn’t exist:
Utils, Tools & Scripts
- Mandie’s script to quickly toggle the client UI between Lync 2013 and Skype for Business 2015
- Here’s Jeff’s indispensable batch file that sets the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0 for Office 2013
- Y0av Barzilay updates for Office 2016 the registry key you need to set the GalDownloadInitialDelay to 0.
- New-CsFirmware.ps1 – Upload Multiple Lync Phone Edition Firmware Updates to a Single or Multiple Pools
- Chris Wright’s AD Photo Edit tool. Highly commended. It probably annoys the pants off the commercial software operations that such a great util can be had for free!
- The .NET Regular Expression Designer is a free download that helps you learn, develop and test regular expressions – but don’t overlook the “New-CsVoiceRegex” command in Lync Powershell!
- Graham’s SIP Pinger tool is a good one to have in the armoury as well
- Number management continues to be a hassle:
- Take some of the pain out of using SEFAUtil with:
- Richard Brynteson’s post “CHANGE IS COMING. WHAT ENABLESKYPEUI DOESN’T DO“
- Doug Deitterick’s post “How to Verify if Skype for Business Server 2015 Database Updates Completed Successfully”
- MVP Rodolpho Castro has created a version of the offline PowerShell commandlets “.chm” file using TechNet’s “export” feature
Certificates now warrant a section to themselves!
- Chris Hayward walks you through “how to increase the internal certificate validity period“
- Chad McGreanor’s walk-through on requesting a cert for TMG (and also applies to Web Apps)
- Guy & Y0av’s Lync Certificates Report will query ALL the servers in your topology (if WinRM is enabled) and provide a report detailing how long they have to live
- David Paulino’s Test-CertificateStore.ps1 will identify certificates in the wrong stores. Problems here can stop your new OAuth cert from replicating or your Front-End service from starting
- Feed the thumbprints of your existing and replacement certificates into my Compare-PkiCertificates.ps1 and it will tell you where they differ
Blogs & related websites
- Lync on TechNet
- Amanda (Mandi) Debler
- Andrew Morpeth
- Anthony Caragol
- Elan Shudnow
- James Arber
- James Cussen
- Jeff Schertz
- Josh Blalock
- John A Cook
- Jonathan McKinney
- Lasse Nordvik Wedø
- Mark Vale
- Matt Landis
- Elho World, it’s Pat Richard!
- Paul Bloem
- Ståle Hansen
- Yoav Barzilay
My own posts
Check the Skype for Business groups in the Categories menu, as well as “PowerShell” for my scripts and “SDK” for my utilities that plug in to the client.