I don’t know about you but it’s always refreshing to wake and find news of an update – especially when it contains fixes to issues you’ve encountered – and so it is that we have an October 2015 update for the Office2013-based version of the Lync and SfB client.
This one takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4753.1000 to 15.0.4763.1001.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb3099414 You can’t record after you install MS15-097 for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3096516 Cursor doesn’t move to instant message input area in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) when you press Ctrl + Shift + M
- Kb3096515 Update Updates the “Find these settings in Options under Phones” text label in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3096514 “No matches” or “Address book synchronizing” is displayed when you search contacts in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3096512 A blank dialog box appears without any options in certain scenarios in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3096511 Content in Outlook Contact notes is garbled after you synchronize contacts from Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3096509 Instant messages don’t display exact time in Skype for Business when you have the Korean or Japanese language pack installed
- Kb3096508 The download for PAC file is frequently requested from the Skype for Business or Lync 2013 client
- Kb3096507 Delegate can’t transfer a call in Lync 2013 UI if you have June or July update installed
What’s New / Changed
Nothing known yet.
This list is largely unchanged from previous months:
- Kb3051158 “Help isn’t working” error occurs when you open the “Skype for Business Help” window in Skype for Business
- Kb3051160 Cannot join meetings by using Lync 2010 after you install OneDrive for Business
- Kb3053998 Memory leak occurs when you transfer a file that is larger than 5 megabytes (MB) in a conversation in Skype for Business
A few people have found their recent updates haven’t delivered as expected. Don’t forget *all* of the pre-req’s. The Office 2013 SP1 requirement still applies if you’re using Office 2010. (Lync 2013 in all of its flavours – e.g. Lync Basic – is still a component of Office 2013).
|Office 2013 SP1 (KB2817430)(NOTE 1 BELOW)||1.0||18 February 2014|
|Update for Office 2013 (KB3054853)(NOTE 2 BELOW)||1.0||9 June 2015|
|LyncHelpLoc (kb2889853)||1.0||13 April 2015|
|Microsoft Office 2013 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (KB2817427)||1.0||13 February 2014|
NOTE1: “Before you install this update, you must install Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430)”.
This is the client fix itself:
I have all the pre-req’s already installed, so a reboot was not required. The further behind your current client version is, the greater the likelihood you’ll need to reboot. Note that I installed the update having exited Lync first, and that the installer prompted me to close Outlook.
Before / After
|SfB 15.0.4753.1000 MSO 15.0.4753.1001||SfB 15.0.4763.1001 MSO 15.0.4753.1001|
14th October 2015: This is the initial post