This update takes Phone Edition from 4.0.7577.4487 to 4.0.7577.4512, primarily adding multiple emergency number support (new in CU3 of SfB 2015). In addition, an extra KB is slipped into the Polycom version:
Kb3194836 LCD display issues in Lync Phone Edition for Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, and Polycom CX3000
“Issue 1 – After you apply the December 2015 cumulative update (KB3108721), the LCD background display changes from blue to green.
Issue 2 – The display contents are misaligned vertically. This causes the first character on the left to be removed.”
Download the relevant CAB files from here:
28th September 2016: This is the initial post.
This week’s update (kb3118281) takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4849.1000 to 15.0.4859.1000 (although it’s reported elsewhere as 15.0.4859.1002).
This update fixes the following issues:
- Kb3188806 Slow performance to merge two conference calls into one call in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3188248 Block the collection of Census data within Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3186686 Network change doesn’t refresh proxy cache on Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3186687 Some non-English-based characters in the custom footer cannot be displayed correctly in the Outlook meeting invitation
- Kb3186688 Blank window is displayed when you join a meeting without audio devices in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB3188249 Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) crashes if you change the size of the shared screen
- Kb3188250 Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) VDI client crashes after you install KB3115033 and HDX RealTime Optimization Pack 2.1
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – September 2016’ »
“Nothing is certain but death & taxes”. And certificate expiry.
I’ve dodged the first one so far this year, but the other two have made up for it – and even more so with certs, as I’ve dealt with several customers where their root or intermediate certs have all expired. And yes, if you were watching, there was that unfortunate incident back in June with the greiginsydney website. I don’t want to talk about it.
To make my life – and hopefully yours – that little bit easier for the next time this comes up I thought I’d document a check-list of places in your Lync/SfB deployment you might find certificates lurking just waiting to expire. Some of the below is only relevant if you have root or intermeds expiring, so bear that in mind as you’re checking them off.
Continue reading ‘Certificate Expiry Checklist’ »
Just skating in to make the final week of our Aussie Winter, this CU updates six components from 5.0.8308.956 to its numerical anagram (if such a concept exists) of 5.0.8308.965.
- Kb3182609 Searching address book fails when SIP address starts with a “+” in Lync Server 2013
- Kb3182610 Japanese characters in the subject of a missed call notification message are garbled
- Kb3182611 You can’t leave voice mails after an Exchange UM Routing application is recovered from an outage in Lync Server 2013
- Kb3182612 Events are logged and you’re in limited functionality mode when you host on an SBA server in Lync Server 2013
- Kb3182613 Long silence when you dial into a meeting in Lync Server 2013 that has name recording disabled
- Kb3182620 “Error: Unable to determine the identity of domain.” when you import Persistent Chat data in Lync Server 2013
- Kb3182621 Incoming calls can’t be transferred to PSTN number by response group agent in Lync Server 2013
- Kb3182622 Dial-in users wait in the lobby after the host joins the meeting in a Lync Server 2013 environment
Nothing apparent just yet.
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 Server Update – August 2016’ »
Sonus is kind enough to publish all of the fixes that go into their SBC1k and 2k range, but to go on a “fishing expedition” looking for issues or fixes through various releases you need to trawl through potentially a dozen or more pages. No longer.
Here on one page are all the publicly available fixes ready for you to search.
Where a given s/w release is not mentioned, either the link came up with a “The included page could not be found” error or the updates aren’t publicly available.
Please don’t ask me to send you anything that’s hidden behind the partner wall.
I note that some of the fixes are referenced repeatedly across several versions – I’m just the messenger.
I’ve dropped an Anchor on each of the release numbers so if you want to link to a specific one, just add the revision to this page’s url like this: “/#5.0.2”
Continue reading ‘Sonus SBC1k2k Release Notes’ »
Since I last reviewed the Blynclight back in 2013 it’s evolved a couple of generations, added a speaker, spawned a “mini” model – and two headsets – and grown significantly in its utility. I thought an updated review was in order!
In case you’re not familiar with these devices, they connect to your PC via USB and provide a prominent external presence indicator. The sound-enabled models are also able to generate an audible ringing signal for when your PC has no speakers or they can’t be heard (as you often find with laptops in docking stations).
Initially only for Lync, the driver app has been updated and now accepts input from Lync / Skype for Business, Skype consumer, Cisco Jabber, manual user control or third party control via an app you’ve written yourself with its freely available Software Development Kit (SDK). And potentially all at the same time too!
Continue reading ‘Review: Embrava Blynclight’ »
This week’s security update takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4841.1000 to 15.0.4849.1000. It’s listed as Critical as there’s the risk of remote code execution.
Kb3115431 “MS16-097: Description of the security update for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business): August 9, 2016. This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype for Business that could allow remote code execution if a user either visits a specially crafted website or opens a specially crafted document.
To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-097. For a complete list of affected software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3177393.”
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Security Update – August 2016’ »
This week’s update (Kb3115261) just 4 weeks after our last takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4833.1000 to 15.0.4841.1000.
- Kb3172197 Notifications for incoming calls don’t always appear in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3172193 Can’t change presenters by using Meeting Options when a room resource is added in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Kb3172186 Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) is stuck when you try to sign in
- Kb3172184 Can’t make Enterprise Voice calls when Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) connects to the external network
- Kb3172182 Lync client disconnects frequently when you use Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
What’s New / Changed
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – July 2016’ »
CU3 for Skype for Business is in some regards a doozie! Microsoft has finally relented (much, I’m sure to the chagrin of various software vendors) and baked “Busy on Busy” into the product. “What’s that” you ask? Read on & follow the links, or wait for my next post on the subject.
This update takes the server from 6.0.9319.235 to 6.0.9319.259.
- kb3063353 The cumulative update resolves an issue in which a call is disconnected when a user un-parks the call
- Kb3149229 Call transfer by announcement service fails for iOS devices in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb3149228 Mac users can’t access the Conferencing Dial-In Page from the internal network
- Kb3170167 Can’t search address book on common area phone if SIP address starts with + character in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb3170153 RTCSrv.exe crashes randomly when you run SIP Processing Language script in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb3170169 Set-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber cmdlet fails when the ReorderedRegion parameter is used
The June 2016 cumulative update adds the following new features to Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015:
- Kb3170163 Video-based screen-sharing (VBSS) is available in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb3170171 Multiple emergency numbers can now be set in location policy in Skype for Business Server 2015
- Kb3137160 Busy Options (Busy on Busy and Voicemail on Busy)
- Offline IM. (Check for the new “set-CsImConfiguration” & companion new, remove & set commandlets)
Continue reading ‘SfB 2015 Server Update CU3 – June 2016’ »
This week’s bumper update takes the Office 2013-based Lync/SfB client from 15.0.4809.1000 to 15.0.4833.1000.
- KB 3169048 Specifics the E_UNEXPECTED error when you join a meeting in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3169046 Adds a report that defines sign-in failures along with the Heartbeat Telemetry in Lync 2013 (Skype for business)
- KB 3169045 Shared content can’t be auto accepted when ACP is enabled in Lync 2013 (Skype for business)
- KB 3169041 The “OK” Button may be dimmed when you select a response group in the Forward Calls settings in Lync 2013 (Skype for business)
- KB 3166223 “You have been removed from this conversation” error when you try to join a meeting by using Meet Now in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166222 Call menu option doesn’t show outlook contact’s phone numbers when you do calls in Skype for Business
- KB 3166221 Repeat disconnections when you have multiple SIP connections in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166220 Can’t join a meeting after the scheduled audio and video meeting fails to join in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166218 Update UI to auto display a shared presentation when a desktop sharing is started in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166217 PC Mic and Speakers option is missing from the “Audio device” Options panel in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166216 Drop-down selection for “Sign in as” isn’t honored by Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166215 Heavy traffic to domain-based URLs when Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) connects to Exchange using Autodiscover
- KB 3166213 “Out of Office” status note continues to show beyond the specified time period on your contact list in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3166212 Internet Explorer freezes when Skype for Business Browser Helper is enabled
- KB 3159722 The taskbar icon for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) doesn’t glow when you miss incoming messages in a group chat room
- KB 3159721 “Make sure that you are signed in to Skype for Business” error when you send a meeting invite in Skype for Business
- KB 3159719 A contact group with this name already exists” error occurs when you delete a contact and re-sign in Skype for Business
- KB 3159718 Topic feed in persistent chat is always case-sensitive for non-English characters in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- KB 3159716 “The organizer disabled IM” error occurs in Skype for Business when you join an updated meeting that has IM enabled
- KB 3159715 Media relay servers aren’t configured for Application Sharing in Skype for Business that uses Citrix RTOP 2.0
- KB 3115012 Desktop sharing button is dimmed in Skype for Business during a peer-to-peer video call if AllowIPVideo is set to False
- KB 3115005 Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) may not display any phone numbers for an Outlook contact to do a call
Continue reading ‘Lync 2013 / SfB 2015 Client Update – June 2016’ »